Wine & Spirits - Anti Counterfeit, Brand Protection & Tamper Evident Solutions
Wines & spirits are:
- Widely counterfeited
- Subjected to various forms of tampering, refilling and / or dilution
- Targeted by smugglers (particularly between countries with contrasting high & low excise tax regimes).
Counterfeiting operations in particular can be scaled up and can be highly lucrative and are known to be often linked to organized crime networks and in some cases terrorist groups.
Growth rates of financial losses due to counterfeiting and related activities globally have been accelerating at an alarming rate since around 2013 and forecast to continue to grow at an annual rate of around 15.6% through to 2019, up from 6.8% over the previous 5 year period, according to the International Chamber of Commerce / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
This is a big change for the worse and the ramifications are sure to be far reaching. But still the brand protection industry has yet to really take off. The global market for brand protection solutions has been estimated to be running at less than 0.5% of related global financial losses which are at an estimated $1,020 billion USD in 2014. Best estimates put forecast growth of brand protection solutions at 12.6% in 2014 and projected to continue at around this level for the next few years.
A Strategic Approach to Brand Protection
- Integrated brand protection solutions – There is clear trend in the industry towards integrated solutions as opposed to free standing security technologies, however powerful or sophisticated such technologies may be.
- Levels of defense – Overt, Covert and Forensic.
- A layered approach - Involves a combination of multiple security devices, and typically involves multiple embedded devices offering more than one level of defense.
- Multiple security features carried on a single retail pack - By repeating a security code on a retail packaging unit, the level of overall product security can certainly be enhanced.
So what does the future hold? Will some cataclysmic future event(s) be enough to persuade brand owners and / or governments that brand protection should be taken to another level?
What is certain is that companies that develop effective integrated brand protection solutions today will be well placed to meet the future needs of the industry whatever they may be. Companies that do not prepare and then try to react to such future (yet to be foreseen) events from a standing start are unlikely to do well.
Order your copy of Wine & Spirits - Anti Counterfeit, Brand Protection & Tamper Evident Solutions today to explore your options in combatting this growing problem.
- Date of Publication: September 2015
Who should buy this study:
o Providers of brand protection solutions
o Those in the technologies and packaging industry
o Manufacturers of glass bottles, closures, corks, capsules, neck sleeves, labels
- 250 Pages
- Table of Contents
ALSO AVAILABLE: Anti Counterfeit, Brand Protection & Tamper Evident Solutions - Supplier Industry Structure. Learn More.