Call for Entries: Nielsen Packaging Design Impact Award
The Nielsen Design Impact Award identifies the most impactful redesigns over the last two years. Nielsen wanted package design to get the recognition it deserves — not just as a powerful medium for brand expression, but as a marketing vehicle that attracts new buyers and drives sales.
Award judges are consumers — and the steely, naked truth of in-market performance. Specifically, the Nielsen Design Impact Award combines choice and diagnostic responses from a large number of category consumers with point-of-sale data. (Nielsen’s retail measurement technology captures sales data from virtually every major retail chain.)
Have questions? For FAQs click here.
Brands and design agencies can submit their redesigns for consideration. No fee is required to participate, and there is no limit on the number of entries one party can submit. We do, however, have a few restrictions:
- The design submitted must be a redesign of an existing product.
- The redesigned product must’ve launched between January 1, 2016 and January 1, 2018.
- We can only accept entries from Australia, China, France, Germany, Mexico, Philippines, South Africa, United Kingdom and United States at this time.
- The product must belong to a consumer-packaged-goods category sold in major retailers. (This includes products that you use up and buy with relative frequency—anything from toothpaste to beer to pet food. It does not include “durable” products such as electronics and toys.)
- Images of the before/after designs must fit our requirements.
Submit entries here. The deadline is January 31, 2019.