Food safety subject matter experts to provide up to date information at PACK EXPO
"The Food Safety Summit Resource Center gives attendees a forum to discuss their specific food safety challenges, learn about the latest breakthroughs and gain insight into potential solutions," says Scott Wolters, director tradeshows and conferences, Food Safety Summit. "To ensure safety in this era of global supply chains and increased automation manufacturers need stricter controls in product processing, packaging, transport and handling." The Resource Center is a result of a partnership between PMMI (PMMI.org), producer of the PACK EXPO family of trade shows, and BNP Media (www.bnpmedia.com), producer of the annual Food Safety Summit. The Subject Matter Experts (SME) on hand will be available during the three day event to discuss leading food safety issues including Food Packaging, The Public Health Threat of Food Fraud, Economically Motivated Adulteration, Packaging Equipment Sanitary Design and Environmental Monitoring to name a few. Confirmed SME's include the following:
- Bill Bremer, principal, Kestrel Management will discuss Food Packaging.
- Gary Broski, senior marketing director, food safety, Neogen Corporation, will discuss the ANSR, Amplified Nucleic Single Temperature Reaction.
- Betsy Craig, CEO founded, Kitchens with Confidence, will discuss Allergens, Safety & Regulation.
- RJ Hope, CPP, ABCP, department manager global security services, Burns & Mcdonnell Engineering Co., Inc. will discuss FSMA - Potential Implications to Importers and Producers.
- John Kukoly, senior technical marketing consultant, BRC Global Standards will discuss leading global safety and quality certification program
- Dr. Douglas Marshall, chief scientist, Eurofins will discuss Packaging Equipment Sanitary Design and Environmental Monitoring
- William McPhail, food safety specialist, dairy & cultured products segment manager, Woodard Curran, will discuss Traceability & Crisis Planning for Food Safety.
- Joseph Meyer, director food safety microbiology, Covance Laboratories, will discuss the Introduction to HACCP for Packaging.
- Doug Moyer, researcher, Michigan State University, will discuss The Public Health Threat of Food Fraud.
- John Patelski, senior vice president, Ghafari Associates, will discuss Future Cost and Efficiency.
- David Pettigrew, food safety manager for McCloud Services, will discuss Pest Management.
- Tim Pettitt, director, Food Industry Sanitation Auditors, will discuss Flour System Design and Equipment Selection.
- Robert Rogers, senior advisor, food safety & regulations, Mettler-Toledo Product Inspection, will discuss Foreign Material Prevention Programs.
- Larry Shortt, technical director, IFS PACsecure, IFS-Certification, will discuss IFS PACsecure.
- John Spink, Ph.D., Michigan State University will discuss Economically Motivated Adulteration.
- Jessica Wasserman, owner, Wasserman & Associates, will discuss Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Doug Wilmsmeyer, strategic relations director, Alchemy Systems will discuss GFSI for Packagers - Training in the Food Packaging Industries.
- Kathy Wybourn, director of food safety solutions, DNV Business Assurance, will discuss Food safety certification.