FANUC America Corporation (fanucamerica.com) features an LR Mate 200iD mini-robot and the Power Motion i-MODEL A motion controller for high performance, multi-axes general motion applications at Automate, Booth #660 & Promat, Booth #3653, March 23-26, 2015, Chicago, IL.
LR Mate 200iD robots
The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces. A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. The LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for food handling and healthcare packaging applications. LR Mate 200iD features & benefits include:
- *Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle).
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
- New LR Mate 200iD/4SC clean-room model is ISO Class 4 (Class 10) clean-room certified for electronics, pharmaceutical and food applications. It features a white FDA compliant coating, stainless steel wrist, *NSF-H1 grade grease on all joints to provide reliable performance in demanding production environments, including rigorous sanitation procedures.
Power Motion i-MODEL A Motion Controller
The Power Motion i-MODEL A motion controller is an integrated motion solution scalable from 1 to 32 axes of high performance motion control while also capable of 4 axes simultaneous interpolation. Included standard is a high speed PLC that supports all major industrial Ethernet networks and 2048 discrete input and 2048 outputs. The Power Motion i-MODEL A includes standard screens for setup, operation and maintenance. PLC and standard ISO G-code motion programming are both supported as basic features. This provides full featured, integrated motion architecture at a competitive cost for single and multi-axis applications that will benefit from FANUC’s legendary reliability and performance delivering the lowest total cost of ownership. A wide range of easily customizable HMI solutions including standard panel mount LCD screens and the iPendant, a hand-held portable multi-function HMI, are available to meet the most demanding needs.
Power Motion i-MODEL A & LR Mate 200iD demo at Automate
See the Power Motion i-MODEL A at Automate, Booth #660 where it will be integrated with an LR Mate 200iD robot. It will be demonstrating multi-process & multi-axis functionality integrating high-level motion features including: pre-processed motion commands using high-speed response function and a servo driven press using pressure & position control. The robot will perform a part transfer from one station to another demonstrating load/unload of the press. Additionally, using the robot connection function will demonstrate simple system connectivity, including sharing of screens, between the Power Motion i-A motion controller and the LR Mate 200iD robot. In the Güdel Booth #532 at Automate, the Power Motion i-A will also be demonstrating a gantry motion control application.