PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, has announced the 2014 Packaging Hall of Fame Commission. This group of industry professionals, educators and journalists will determine the Packaging Hall of Fame Class of 2014.
“The members of the Commission give their time to honor some of the most important leaders in packaging, and we appreciate their contribution,” said Maria Ferrante, vice president, education & workforce development, PMMI.
PMMI has coordinated the Packaging Hall of Fame since 1971. The honor recognizes career packaging professionals and their contributions to both the industry and packaging education.
The 2014 Packaging Hall of Fame Commission:
- Joe Angel, Packaging World
- Richard Bahr, MGS Machine Corporation
- Jeff Bigger, Massman Automation Designs
- Jane Chase, Schwan’s Shared Services, LLC, The Schwan Food Company
- Tom Egan, PMMI
- Maria Ferrante, PMMI
- Mark Green, Abbott Nutrition
- Timm Johnson, Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery
- Robert Kimmel, Clemson University
- Bob Larkin, ACH Food Company
- Lisa McTigue Pierce, Packaging Digest
- Ben Miyares, The Packaging Management Institute
- Sean Riley, PMT Magazine
- Zeb Robbins, The Boston Beer Company
- Jay Singh, Orfalea College of Business — CalPoly State University
- Brian Wagner, Packaging Technology Integrated Solutions
- Nick Wilson, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
- Fritz Yambrack, San Jose State University
Any member of the packaging community may submit a nomination for this year’s Packaging Hall of Fame class. The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2014, and the nomination form, requirements and guidelines are online at www.pmmi.org/PHOF. Nominations should be no longer than 1,500 words and describe how the candidate has personally advanced packaging science, technology and practice; expanded the packaging industry knowledge base, and served the industry as a remarkable volunteer leader. Posthumous nominations will be considered.
The ceremony will be held at a special reception during PACK EXPO International 2014, 5:15 – 7 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 4, at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place hotel, adjacent to McCormick Place. Tickets are available for $75 per person, and table sponsorships range from $1,500 to $3,000.
To purchase tickets, visit PMMI.org, and to arrange sponsorships, contact Maria Ferrante, vice president, education & workforce development, PMMI: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.612.3195. Proceeds from the reception benefit the PMMI Foundation, offering educational assistance and scholarships for students in two- or four-year packaging programs. Previous honorees are listed at www.pmmi.org/PHOF.