PMMI, the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, will welcome six new members into the Packaging Hall of Fame at special ceremony during this year’s PACK EXPO.
The hall of fame class of 2014 is:
- Mel Bahr, MGS Machine
- James Downham, PAC
- Joseph Hotchkiss, Michigan State University
- Toru Ichikawa, Hosokawa Yoko Co., Ltd.
- Bern McPheely, Hartness International, Inc.
- Boh Tsai, Amerasia Technologies, Inc.
“These packaging professionals have contributed to the packaging community as an advisor, industry pioneer, visionary, educator, leader in packaging technology and an inventor. Their contributions have led the industry to where it is today,” said Maria Ferrante, vice president, Education and Workforce Development, PMMI.
A special reception and induction ceremony will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 4, at 5:15 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago, adjacent to McCormick Place and PACK EXPO International, co-located with the Pharma EXPO 2014. Tickets are $75 each, with table sponsorships ranging from $1,500 to $3,000. Exhibitors and attendees are invited to support the industry, its leaders and their colleagues. Proceeds from the reception benefit the PMMI Foundation, providing scholarships for students in two- or four-year packaging programs.
“We’re inviting the entire PACK EXPO community to celebrate with us at the at the Packaging Hall of Fame reception. As we honor our inductees, we will fund scholarships for students in our industry,” Ferrante said.
PMMI thanked the members of the Packaging Hall of Fame Commission for their time reviewing and selecting the 2014 inductees.
- Joe Angel, Packaging World
- Richard Bahr, MGS Machine
- Jeff Bigger, Massman Automation Designs
- Jane Chase, Schwan’s Shared Services, LLC, The Schwan Food Company
- Tom Egan, PMMI
- Maria Ferrante, PMMI
- Mark Green, Abbott Nutrition
- Timm Johnson, Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery
- Robert Kimmel, Clemson University
- Bob Larkin, ACH Food Company
- Lisa McTigue Pierce, Packaging Digest
- Ben Miyares, The Packaging Management Institute
- Sean Riley, PMT Magazine
- Zeb Robbins, The Boston Beer Company
- Jay Singh, Orfalea College of Business – CalPoly State University
- Brian Wagner, Packaging Technology Integrated Solutions
- Nick Wilson, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
- Fritz Yambrack, San Jose State University
To purchase sponsorship packages and tickets, visit pmmi.org/phof. For more information contact Maria Ferrante, vice president, Education & Workforce Development, PMMI: firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.243.8555.