If you are attending PACK EXPO this year, there will certainly be many exhibits, meetings and educational session on your agenda. One excellent resource you may not be aware of is PMMI’s Alliance for Innovation and Operational Excellence. AIOE is a peer group dedicated to improving performance of CPG manufacturers and their suppliers by developing non-proprietary solutions to common production and operational challenges. During PACK EXPO International, AIOE will be conducting free sessions on the following topics:
Factory Acceptance Tests; One Voice Guidelines for the CPG Industry
AIOE's Capital Projects Solutions Group has been working on developing the common criteria and guidelines for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) to be applied in all capital projects. Attendees will learn:
- Purpose, objective and timeline
- Role in peer review
- Achieving project delivery excellence and vertical start ups.
One Voice for Hygienic Equipment Design for Low-Moisture Food
One Voice on Total Cost of Ownership: The Industry Guidelines and Criteria for Packaging and Processing Equipment
AIOE's Total Cost of Ownership Solutions Group has just published CPG industry common criteria, definitions and guidelines for determining TCO. Attendees will learn:
- Standards of TCO for use by CPGs and OEMs: internally /externally
- Recommendations for use in commercial transactions
- Acquisitions and operations costs included.
One Voice on Calculating OEE: The OEE Opportunity Calculator and the OEE Validation Calculator
As a leader of continuous improvement, the speaker will present the basis and usefulness of both the OEE Opportunity and Validation Calculators. Attendees will learn:
- OEE Opportunity Calculator for a quick feasibility model
- OEE Validation Calculator for an in-depth analysis to verify ROI
- AIOE website for free downloads.
Engaging the Manufacturing Workforce to Drive Business ImprovementTuesday, November 4 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM North Hall Grand Concourse
The Engagement Framework developed by AIOE will be discussed. Attendees will learn:
- Key attributes of engagement
- Cases and lessons learned on how to apply these guiding lessons within your company
- The value proposition is fundamental to business success in our industry: business performance, competitive globally, recruitment and retention.