Consumer Reports slams package shrink
• Tropicana orange juice (PepsiCo): from 64 to 59 ounces
• Kraft American cheese: from 24 to 22 slices
• Häagen-Dazs ice cream (Nestlé): from 16 to 14 ounces
• Hebrew National franks (ConAgra): from 12 to 11 ounces
• Classico pesto sauce (Heinz): from 10 to 8.1 ounces
The Consumer Reports article advises consumers how to deal with product downsizing, including comparison shopping, paying attention to per-ounce prices, switching to private label products and complaining to the companies involved.