5 Industry Leaders to Join Packaging Hall of Fame
PMMI congratulates the five inductees to the Packaging Hall of Fame. The Class of 2011 will be honored in a reception at the Las Vegas Hilton on Monday, Sept. 26, in conjunction with PACK EXPO Las Vegas. Proceeds from the reception benefit the Packaging Education & Training Foundation. The Packaging Hall of Fame Class of 2011 is:
- Victor Del Rosso, Hi-Speed Checkweigher (retired)
- Lawrence C. Dull, MS, CPP, Packaging Knowledge Group
- Arthur Gustafson, Algus Packaging
- Thomas L. Schneider, CPP, Industrial & Shippers Supply
- M.H. “Pete” Wallace, SWF Machinery (retired)
A special reception and induction ceremony will be held on Monday, Sept. 26, at 4:15 p.m., at the Las Vegas Hilton, which is adjacent to the Las Vegas Convention Center and PACK EXPO Las Vegas. Tickets are available for $75 each, and table sponsorships range from $1,500 to $3,000. The entire packaging community is invited to support the industry, its leaders and their colleagues. Proceeds from the reception benefit PMMI’s Packaging Education and Training Foundation, which offers scholarships for students in two- or four-year packaging programs.
“The Packaging Hall of Fame reception has always supported packaging education, but education is so much a core value for this entire class, that I can’t help but think the connection this year is particularly clear,” Ferrante notes.
PMMI would like to thank the members of the Packaging Hall of Fame Commission for the time they took to review, discuss and select this year’s inductees:
- Joe Angel, vice president/publisher, Packaging World
- Jeff Bigger, president/owner, MASSMANN Automation Designs, LLC
- Robert Dennen, chairman of the board, Institute of Packaging Professionals
- Jim DeCosta, global DEO technology and innovation manager, Unilever HPCNA
- Tom Egan, vice president, industry services, PMMI
- Maria Ferrante, vice president, education & workforce development, PMMI
- Mark Jacobson, vice president, Econocorp Inc.
- Timm Johnson, vice president, sales & marketing, Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery Inc.
- John Kalkowski, editorial director, Packaging Digest
- Robert Kimmel, chair, department of packaging science, Clemson University
- Bob Larkin, director of packaging and graphics development, ACH Food Companies, Inc
- Rick Lingle, editor in chief, Food & Beverage Packaging
- Ben Miyares, managing director, The Packaging Management Institute
- Sean Riley, editor, PMT magazine
- Jay Singh, Ph.D, professor industrial tech. dept., Pkg. Program, California Polytechnic State University
- Nick Wilson, PMMI chairman, President, Morrison Container Handling Solutions
- Mark Yunker, principal packaging engineer, ConAgra Foods, Inc.