Cognex introduces enter-level vision system for color application
Cognex Corporation (www.cognex.com), the world's leading supplier of machine vision systems, has introduced the In-Sight® 7010C, an entry-level color vision system that can distinguish parts by color. The system features 24-bit color resolution that accurately identifies 16 million color variations—more than the human eye can detect. Many industries use color identification, including:
- Automotive: tire model identification; fuse verification
- Food and beverage: product flavor to product packaging validation
- Electronic hardware: keypad color verification; connector wire color sequence confirmation
- Pharmaceutical: tablet, vial or capsule identification.
Along with the In-Sight 7010C, Cognex is introducing three additional color models, the In-Sight 7200C, 7400C and 7402C. These systems solve more complex applications involving logic or color composition, as well as those requiring higher resolution or faster execution.
“The introduction of the In-Sight 7010C means our customers now have a single product family that can extend from their simple color detection applications up to the power of the In-Sight 7402C for their most complex color applications,” says Herbert Lade, vice president and business unit manager, Vision Systems. Lade adds, “And thanks to the intuitive EasyBuilder®interface, even the novice user can deploy the powerful Cognex vision tools available in the In-Sight 7010C, including color identification, pattern finding and measurement.”
Like the existing suite of award-winning In-Sight 7000 vision systems, the new color models have cost-saving features that simplify integration, including:
- Compact, IP67-rated housing
- Robust factory communications capabilities
- Autofocus technology
- Integrated lighting options.
The In-Sight 7000 color models are available now.