Snoqualmie Winery, Washington’s largest certified organic vineyard in the state, introduces new packaging and an updated website for its entire line of wines. The first wines to feature the new packaging began shipping nationally in February 2013.
In addition to a contemporary new look, Snoqualmie’s redesigned packaging embodies the winery’s commitment to fostering a sustainable environment. This includes investments in sustainable packaging materials such as lightweight ECO glass bottles (397g), which result in a 13% reduction in carbon emissions. The bottles are made with 25% less glass than an average wine bottle and require much less fuel to transport.
Snoqualmie’s new labels are designed to enhance shelf presence with a sleek and modern feel. The labels feature a visual of the mountain pass that serves as the gateway to Washington wine country, and symbolize the winery’s reliance on nature in crafting Snoqualmie’s acclaimed wines.
“The goal of the new package is to continue to deliver on our commitment to sustainability and organics,” says Kirsten Elliot, senior marketing manager for Snoqualmie Winery. The ECO glass bottles are among the lightest in the industry and will help reduce our carbon footprint. Beginning in the vineyard and carrying through to the winery and our packaging, it’s our belief that investing in these practices is the best way to highlight the wines.”
As part of its new packaging and website introduction, Snoqualmie has also simplified its tiers of wines to make it easier for consumers to identify on-shelf. This includes renaming the “Naked” line to “ECO” and color-coding each tier to create clear differentiation.
Snoqualmie Packaging Sustainability Overview:
- The new ECO glass bottles are among the lightest in the industry (397g) and result in a 13% reduction in carbon emissions.
- White wine labels now use EarthLabel™ by Smart Planet Technologies, Inc., an adhesive label system that provides improved barrier performance while reducing plastic content.
- Labels and other printed materials are on 100% post-consumer waste materials stock.
- Corks and labels are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council; guaranteeing sustainable practices at the source of origin.
- The corks are also certified by the Rainforest Alliance, an international group committed to conserving biodiversity through sustainability.
All of Snoqualmie’s wines are made using sustainable and organic techniques; the Columbia Valley wines are fruit-forward, and offer classic varietal flavors that are immediately enjoyable, the ECO wines are crafted from certified organically grown grapes using organic practices, and the Reserve wines showcase the best winemaking techniques and vineyard selections.