Modular Belt Conveyor Ideal for Unstable Products
ABCO Automation Inc. (goabco.com) announces Stingray, a low-profile modular belt conveyor that employs micropitch plastic belts. Stingray is powerful yet gentle, providing reliable product transfer, smooth transitions and product accumulation, making it ideal for delicate, small footprint or unstable products that may be damaged by a conventional conveyor.
“We designed and built this custom conveyor to not only provide our clients with key features and options but to fill out our product line with a material handling solution that met ABCO’s quality standards,” said Jack Walsh, executive vice president sales and marketing, ABCO Automation. "...Offering an ABCO designed, built and supported conveyor further allows us to provide clients a single source for automation solutions.”
Stingray is modular and scalable with sections available up to 20 feet, and belt widths at 4, 8, 12 and 24 inches, allowing easy integration into nearly any floor space. In addition, conveyor sections easily accommodate 90-degree transitions for smooth, precise movement from one conveyor to another. The Stingray conveyor includes these distinct features:
- Conveyor frame and spanners constructed of 11-gauge stainless-steel and optional powder coating for increased durability
- Hardened steel nose ends for better wear and adjustability
- Additional bearings to provide greater load capacity
- Nose roller transfers as tight as .90 degrees provides for smooth transitions from one belt to another
- Customizable position sensors
Stingray conveyors are pre-engineered, built to order and available on a quick-ship basis from ABCO’s Build-to-Print group.