Primera Technology Inc. (primera.com) announces its newest desktop color label printer, the LX910. The new machine is Primera’s fastest desktop color label printer that can print a 4” x 3” label with 50 percent coverage in less than 6 seconds. It can handle labels as wide as 8” and as small as 0.75”. In addition, ink costs are the lowest ever from Primera. This is due to a new, ultra-high capacity ink cartridge. On the same 4” x 3” label, cost per label is around $0.03 (USD) each.
Typical applications include product labels for coffee, wine, water, bakery, confectionary, meat, cheese and hundreds of other specialty and gourmet foods. The printer is also ideal for LX2000 is also ideal manufacturing, laboratory, security, government, retail, and a wide variety of other markets.
Compared to other printers that are comparably priced, LX910 has a number of distinct advantages:
- Print Speed: best-in-class throughput at up to 4.5” per second.
- Print Quality: Horizontal banding is virtually eliminated with the LX910—even on the faster print speeds.
- Interchangeable Dye or Pigment Inks: With a simple swap-out of ink cartridges, LX910 can print with dye-based ink for brilliant, eye-popping color. Or, choose pigment ink for maximum durability against water and UV light. Both types work interchangeably on the same printer.
- Single Ink SKU: LX910 utilizes an all-new, ultra-high capacity single CMY ink tank. You’ll only need to replace and keep on-hand one ink tank instead of two or four. Process black uses no more ink than a separate black ink tank would for printing the same amount of text/ graphics.
- Low Maintenance: Users get a new print head each time they change the cartridge, simplifying maintenance and lowering ongoing operating costs.
- Metal Case: LX910 has a tough, steel case with industrial-grade power-coated paint.
The Primera LX910 can be found in their online store at primera.com, through North American authorized resellers and worldwide through Primera’s Authorized Distributors.