Selecting the Right Linerboard for Eye-catching P-o-p Displays
Whether on television, billboards or in magazines, colorful imagery constantly bombards consumers with messages touting a product or service. This imagery extends to the retail setting where point-of-purchase (P-O-P) displays call attention to products.
The basic types of linerboards for producing temporary P-O-P displays are:
- Unbleached kraft liner (UBL)
- White top liner (WT)
- Premium white top liner (PWT)
- Solid bleached liner (SBL)
- Lightly coated white top (CWT) or lightly coated bleached liner
- Heavily coated white top or heavily coated bleached (SBS) or heavily coated kraft liner grades (CNK)
1. What is the level of comfort you have with your material supplier?
2. Does the supplier have a solid reputation for consistent product quality?
3. Is the supplier known to be a provider of innovative or specialty products?
Diana Campbell is Marketing Manager for Smurfit-Stone’s Display Group. Contact Diana at 804.727.3031 or email@example.com
|Types of linerboard|
|Product Type||Typical Printing Process||Print Quality||Physical Strength|
|Unbleached Kraft Liner||Post-print Flexo||Low||Very High|
|White Top Liner||Pre- or Post-print Flexo||Good||High|
|Premium White Top Liner||Pre- or Post-print Flexo||Very Good||High|
|Solid Bleached Liner||Pre- or Post-print Flexo||Good to Very Good||Adequate|
|Lightly Coated White Top or Bleached Liner||Pre- or Post-print Flexo||Very Good to Excellent||High|
|Heavily Coated White Top or Bleached Liner||Pre-print Flexo or Offset||Excellent||High|
|Heavily Coated Kraft Liner||Pre-print Flexo or Offset||Very Good||High|