By Pauline Tingas
• Meets market criteria for performance and cost;
• Is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy;
• Maximizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials;
• Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices;
• Is made from materials healthy in all probable end of life scenarios;
• Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy;
• Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial cradle-to-cradle cycles.
Source: Sustainable Packaging Coalition
10. Get involved: Share ideas, discover tools or join active discussions on sustainable packaging development.
Source: Adapted from a list by Pre Consultants, www.pre.nl