Worldwide Packaging Design Competition Forms Jury
Pentawards, a worldwide competition devoted to packaging design in all its forms, has announced a jury composed of 12 packaging designers and brand owners from around the world. The panel includes:
- Brigitte Evrard - President of the Jury, Brussels – Belgium
- Sam O’Donahue - Owner and Creative Director of Established, New York, NY – U.S.
- Yoji Minakuchi - Head of Design Department of Suntory, Tokyo – Japan
- Mark Budden - Managing Director, Design Bridge Asia - Singapore
- Laurent Hainaut - Founder and President, forceMAJEURE, formerly known as Raison Pure NYC, New York - U.S.
- José Antonio Rojano Lopez - Head Design & Communication Manager at El Corte Inglés, Madrid - Spain
- Clem Halpin – Creative Director at Turner Duckworth, London - U.K.
- François Takounseun – Co-Founder, Global Design Director, Partisan du Sens, Paris - France
- Jacob Bergström - Creative Director, Silver, Stockholm - Sweden
- Roy White - Founder and Creative Partner, Subplot, Vancouver - Canada
- Yuan Zonglei - Designer, Shanghai – China
- Jeremy Lindley - Global Design Director at Diageo, London - U.K.
Created in January 2007, the Pentawards are open to all those who are associated with the creation or marketing of packaging from every country in the world. Their primary mission is to increase the stature of packaging design and those who create it. Each year, packaging from around the world are judged by an international jury of 12 designers and packaging design directors from major companies. The jury selects the winners based on the creative quality and the marketing relevance of the works presented. Winners receive bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond Pentawards.
No less than 55 different categories allow any type of packaging to compete and be judged against similar creations. This means that a bottle of wine is not evaluated next to a beer, washing powder next to gardening materials, or even a bottle of perfume next to makeup.
Each year, trophies are awarded in a different city in Europe, Asia or the Americas, at a ceremony that hosts hundreds of designers from around the world. The 11th Pentawards will be open for online registration from Feb. 20 to April 7. For more information, visit www.pentawards.org.