DuPont Packaging has assembled a distinguished panel of packaging experts representing multiple markets around the world to identify the winners of the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation. Now in its 29th year, the highly sought-after DuPont Packaging Awards inspire excellence and catalyze innovation across the packaging chain and around the globe.
“We strive each year to bring together the best and brightest minds in packaging worldwide. The diverse viewpoints the judges convey are instrumental in keeping the industry’s longest running, independently judged awards program competitive and relevant. It’s a trademark of the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation,” said Bernard Rioux, global packaging leader, DuPont Performance Materials. “We are pleased with the diversity of this year’s panel and appreciate the time the judges spend in review, analysis and deliberation, dedicated to advancing our shared purpose of promoting excellence in packaging.”
The judges will travel from around the world to Wilmington, DE, March 13-15, 2017, where they will share their unique industry insights as they assess this year’s entries. The judges will consider excellence in the following areas: technological advancement, responsible packaging and enhanced user experience.
The 2017 judging panel includes:
- Oktay Aral – Global Flexible Packaging R&D Lead, pladis, Turkey
- Jason Barber – Principal R&D Engineer, PepsiCo., USA
- David Luttenberger, CPP – Global Packaging Director, Mintel Group Ltd., USA, (Lead Judge)
- Tom Manske – Director, Global Snacks R&D – Packaging Research, Quality, Nutrition and Technology, The Kellogg Company, USA
- Anirban Mukherjee – Director Global Packaging – Asia Pacific, Johnson & Johnson, Singapore
- Eric Pavone – Business Development Director - Web-fed, BOBST, Switzerland
- Hari Reddy, Vice President R&D, Bemis North America, Bemis Company Inc., USA
- Claire Sarantopoulos – Senior Scientist, Center of Packaging Technology of the Food Technology Institute, Brazil
- Richard Smith – Manufacturing Systems Manager, Amcor Flexibles Asia Pacific, Australia
Full biographies are available HERE.
“I’m honored to be asked to return as lead judge,” says David Luttenberger, CPP, global packaging director, Mintel Group Ltd. “This gathering of global experts offer perspectives that help us better identify excellence in technological advancement, responsible packaging and enhanced user experience. The judging process is robust and the face-to-face opportunity gives us a chance to not only interact, but to touch, feel and experience the packaging as the consumer would – that’s imperative to the process. Honorees who earn a DuPont Award have worked incredibly hard; they’re up against the best, and challenged by the best minds in the industry.”
Brand owners, retailers, packaging designers, converters and technology providers from around the world are encouraged to enter their packaging solution, provided it is commercially available. There is no fee to enter, and DuPont materials do not need to be in the packaging structure. Winners will be notified in late spring. Information on the program and past winners are posted on packagingawards.dupont.com.