EskoWorld 2018 is the 27th annual conference for Esko users. The event's mission is to create a platform that connects the entire packaging supply chain. Leading brands, graphic and structural designers, flexo trade shops, sign makers and packaging and label converters will share ideas, gain product knowledge business expertise and exchange best practices. EskoWorld 2018 is June 5-7 at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio, Texas.
The three-day event includes nearly 100 educational sessions developed for attendees to enhance their knowledge of Esko solutions and expand their education on the industry’s latest trends. Additionally, the event will include sessions explaining specific product roadmaps, product training and lectures. EskoWorld will focus on a number of inspirational tracks including:
- Brands, Specification & Briefing including project and asset management and the packaging production workflow from idea to shelf.
- Design sessions.
- Artwork & Repro covering ways to produce print-ready artwork efficiently.
- Flexo Platemaking showcasing how companies can take control of flexo plate production. To support this, a CDI Crystal will be at the event.
- Printing ideas to help tackle the increased complexity of mixed printing environments (digital, flexo, gravure, offset) and expanded gamut printing.
- Finishing showing how companies can get the most out of their digital finishing equipment. A Kongsberg C24 will be demonstrated live at this years’ EskoWorld, supporting the demand of many users to get first-hand answers on their application and product questions.
New this year, Esko and its partners will conduct a three-hour opening session where they will share their vision for the industry’s future. “Packaging Connected: The Event” will start with a fictional program manager at a large CPG brand who is launching an update to an existing consumer product package. Presenters will offer a view as to how such a packaging project will get executed - from concept to finished product - through the eyes of the key supply chain stakeholders, including the brand owner, converters and premedia tradeshops. Using a combination of presentations,product demos and background movies, complemented with an interactive debate between market leading technology suppliers and the audience, Esko and its partners will provide a benchmark for each person’s workflow.
“During this EskoWorld, we want to demonstrate how Esko’s future continues to be driven by innovation. Brand owners see a shift in their go-to-market strategies inspired by e-commerce and internet activities. This calls for a strong connection between the physical package on the shelf and its online representation and promotion. Packaging is becoming a gateway to online content related to the product or brand, as a two-way communication tool between the brand and the consumer. This also calls for a faster time to market, feasible if the entire supply chain and the various stakeholders work in sync on a connected workflow platform. Esko’s future will be to continue to innovate the industry, to make “packaging connected.” said Esko President. Udo Panenka.