Ball Corporation opened an expansion of the company’s Graphics Center of Excellence (GCOE) in Westminster, CO.
Ball’s GCOE delivers high-quality can graphics, customer convenience and among the fastest pilot turnaround in the beverage metal packaging industry to Ball’s local, national and global customers.
Jim Peterson, Ball’s vice president, marketing and corporate affairs says, “As more global consumers make recyclable cans their package of choice, advanced graphics capabilities have become vital for brands seeking to stand out on retail shelves and capture sustainability-conscious consumers.
“Beverage cans offer a 360-degree billboard for brands to reach consumers. Our expanded GCOE, along with smaller sister facilities in Europe and Asia, leverage the advantages of the can and provide industry-leading graphics that help build brands.”
Ball’s Colorado GCOE combines the company’s extensive metal packaging experience, brand-building creativity and state-of-the-art technology to deliver inclusive one-stop design-to-printed-can service to customers. It features a pilot line for both graphic testing and color standards and offers a variety of printing capabilities, including:
- Eyeris™ Enhanced Graphics printing that brings improved definition and fine detail to beverage can graphics, creating premium, on-shelf differentiation.
- Dry offset printing, which uses a digital print head that prints top quality design with a resolution of 600dpi directly on to the can surface, lessening dry time of the can and improving graphics quality.
- High definition printing that brilliantly holds fine detail of a can’s artwork, greatly improving consumer appeal.
- Matte printing that adds dimension and differentiates cans with a distinctive, premium look.
- Thermochromic inks that use temperature sensitive external inks to indicate to consumers when a beverage is at its optimal temperature to enjoy.