Food Packaging Technologies Summit call for papers
The Food Packaging Technologies Summit will be held May 7-9 2012, at the Westin Chicago Northwest in Itasca, IL. This world-class event is expected to attract around 200 food packaging industry professionals learning about one of the largest areas of packaging and its future prognosis.
Food Packaging Technologies Summit is a 1 1/2 day conference focused exclusively on food packaging, offering key insights into the major technologies, issues, market drivers and emerging trends facing packaging professionals in the food industry. The event will feature a cutting-edge look at the future of food packaging technologies and the trends and technologies influencing the next generation of packaging.
This conference will feature presentations from top brand owner companies, retailers, converters, service suppliers and market analysts offering their thoughts on the critical areas of food packaging that need to be addressed and technologies that will spur its development.
- Presentations on changes in the food packaging process, including technologies, new packaging formats, materials, shapes, and systems approaches that will drive the future of this segment and offer opportunities for advancement.
- Discussions of market trends, regulations, and consumer developments that will affect food packaging and its future outlook
- An understanding of CPG and retailer trends and their effect on the food packaging process
- Technologies (both pre-commercial and commercial), processes, material developments, machine systems, and other services in food packaging will be considered for presentation
- Case studies that include brand owners, retailers and packaging partners will be given the highest consideration.
- Technology, market or process-oriented topics/presentations that provide validated data, findings, or results will be given consideration over marketing-oriented presentations
- Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words.
- Abstract title
- Presenting company
- Anticipated presenter's name/title/contact information
- Complete company contact information
- Description of the presentation in 2-3 sentences, including why it is important to the packaging industry, what areas will be discussed and how attendees can benefit from it. For business and market presentations, please be specific about key discussion points.
- For technical presentations, a brief discussion of the technology, process, or service in context with comparable technologies, processes, or services it is intended to replace or which it complements; other consumer or end-user benefits as appropriate
- List of technology/commercialization development partners
- Current or expected commercial applications
3 to 6 bullet point "Key Learning
Points/Takeaways" describing what attendees could reasonably expect to
learn from hearing a presentation on this technology,
process, or service as it applies to the Food Packaging marketplace
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts and supporting documentation should be delivered by 4 p.m. on November 11, 2011, or the editor contacted about a presentation by that date.
Abstracts may be delivered via email (if less than 7MB) to: email@example.com with the subject line FPTS12 Abstract Proposal.
Or delivered on CD via mail to:
Packaging Strategies, c/o FPTS12 Abstract Proposal
4731 Treetop Drive, Copley, OH 44321.
Please call 330-665-9719 if you have any questions.
Selection for presentation
Selection for presentation will be based on the Abstract Guidance criteria and the opinions of an independently appointed selection advisory board.
To register to attend the Food Packaging Technologies Summit 2012 or find information on Sponsor and Exhibit Opportunities, visit www.foodpackagingtechnologies.com