PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013
September 23 – 25, 2013
9:00 am – 4:00 pm daily
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV
PACK gives BACK Opening Receptio nfeaturing Kenny Loggins in concert
Monday, September 23
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
North Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center
Tickets are $25 and include beer, wine and light hors d’oeuvres. Ticket sales benefit K9s for Warriors.
It’s that time of year again. In our industry, it’s just about the social gala of the year, yes it’s PACK EXPO time once again. This year we meet in Las Vegas for what PMMI predicts will be the largest, most comprehensive resource for total systems solutions across the manufacturing supply chain this year. The organization estimates that more than 1,600 solutions providers and 26,000 attendees from a wide range of companies around the world will be at the show. The show will cover over 700,000 net square feet and will be the largest PACK EXPO Las Vegas since the first event opened in 1995.
“Our exhibitor numbers are already up 15 percent, and the floor itself has expanded by 12 percent compared to the 2011 Las Vegas show,” says PMMI president & CEO Charles D. Yuska.
What you can expect at this year’s show is all of the networking, technology and product-specific information, but you can also expect some changes. This year, the education at the show is going a new direction and it’s all because of you, the attendee.
Education gets a lesson in location
An in-depth study of PACK EXPO attendees called, ‘Voice of the Attendee: CPG Attendees’ Perceptions of the “Total Show Experience,” revealed that attendees of the show value education at PACK EXPO, but also revealed to PMMI that they may need to rethink the location in which the education is being offered.
“VOA made it clear that education is as important to attendees as exploring potential purchases, yet they see any time off the show floor as a drawback,” says Jim Pittas, PMMI vice president, trade shows. “They learn from the experiences they have in the exhibit halls, such as watching technicians operate equipment or break it down. In fact, those two examples are among the top take-aways mentioned during interviews.”
Accordingly, all of PACK EXPO Las Vegas programming will move to the show floor, and all educational sessions will be included in the show registration fee. PMMI is also expanding the number of learning centers on the floor and including industry leaders in the effort.
Here is what you don’t want to miss:
- Innovation Stage (located in Central Hall, booths C-141, C-142 & C-143): Forty free half-hour segments delivered by experts, including the Alliance for Innovation and Operational Excellence, and covering the topics and technologies today’s industry needs.
- The Center for Trends & Technology (located in Central Hall, booth 1358): Improving Production through Innovation sponsored by Rockwell Automation and its Partner Network™: Collaboration and innovation are key at CTT. In addition to educational sessions from suppliers including Rockwell, Cisco, Microsoft and Motorola, you’ll see technology on display and have the chance to learn how it works with other equipment.
- Food Safety Summit Resource Center (located in Upper South Hall, booth S-7332): If you’re facing the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), plan to spend some time at this center of FSMA compliance expertise.
- Clemson University (located in Central Hall, booth C-151): Packaging Emporium Design for the Future sponsored by EskoArt: Clemson returns to PACK EXPO with another interactive experience to explore and reveal the impact of packaging designs on consumers.
- Reusables Learning Center (located in Lower South Hall, booth S-6458): The Reusable Packaging Association will show you the way to additional long-term, cost-saving benefits from your reusable packaging.
Trade associations make lounging a must
According to PMMI, over 20 trade groups representing PACK EXPO attendees and their industries will take part in PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013. PMMI President & CEO Charles D. Yuska says, “Associations endorse and support the industry pavilions and lounges, which are at the crux of the customer-centric show approach.”
- The International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT) has endorsed The Beverage Cooler lounge
- The National Confectioners Association (NCA) has endorsed The Confectionery Pavilion and the Candy Bar lounge
- The Reusable Packaging Association (RPA) has endorsed The Reusable Packaging Pavilion
- The Association of Independent Corrugated Convertors (AICC) will showcase the best from the AICC Independent Packaging Design Competition
Each lounge has an “ask the expert desk,” staffed by an appropriate association.
“Pavilions help attendees focus their time at PACK EXPO, giving them a starting point for finding the technologies they came for,” Yuska says. “The lounges add a networking aspect, and having industry leading associations serving at the ‘ask the expert’ desks, adds another layer of depth.”
In addition, PACK EXPO Las Vegas features designated areas where buyers can find solutions aimed directly at the particular needs of their industry.
- The Brand Zone
- The Confectionery Pavilion
- The Processing Zone
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion
Report Abusive Comment