Axon (AxonCorp.com), powered by Pro Mach (promachinc.com), introduces ThermoPoint® 2.0, the latest iteration of the company’s most advanced steam tunnel. ThermoPoint 2.0 delivers precise, repeatable control of the shrink process for full-body shrink labels and tamper evident bands as required for today’s modern, highly-contoured containers.
To facilitate greater flexibility and easier maintenance, the ThermoPoint 2.0 features a new, cantilevered, height-adjustable frame. This rugged stainless-steel frame is easily positioned over the packaging line and designed for years of trouble-free operation. Axon offers optional Allen Bradley interlocks featuring Category 3 safety circuitry on each ThermoPoint 2.0 access panel. For customers without centralized steam, Axon offers an optional steam generator and blow-off tank for the ThermoPoint 2.0.
This steam shrink tunnel accommodates both small and large containers. Maximum container size for the ThermoPoint 2.0 is 7 inches (17.8 cm) wide and 15 inches (38 cm) tall. Each of the tunnel’s three heat zones can be adjusted independently to deliver steam at different rates, heights, and angles. Precise control of the shrink process leads to higher quality, consistency, and throughput. Graduated dials and steam injector adjustment indicators not only enable precise control of the process, but also ensure repeatability between batches. Additional ThermoPoint 2.0 features include:
- Steam evacuation flues that allow independent steam and temperature settings in each zone
- A full length-of-tunnel condensate tray that catches drips and keeps the area around the tunnel clean and dry
- Double-shell design that keeps the tunnel cool to the touch
- Fast changeover – only Allen wrenches are required
- Easy access to components that help speed-up and simplify maintenance
- Durable stainless steel construction
Report Abusive Comment