For 75 years, OLD BAY has been "The Can that Connects Us." The can, which could be found in the kitchen of anyone include a teacher, a dock worker, a high school sports star, a lawyer, a rocker, world's greatest grandma, a firefighter, and a hairdresser, is mean to show OLD BAY as more than a seasoning. It's a symbol of good times that unites people. It's given as gifts, packed in care packages for troops, shipped internationally and even tattooed on bodies. To honor this milestone, OLD BAY is unveiling "The Can that Connects Us" celebration, including a commemorative can, an interactive OLD BAY mosaic, new OLD BAY products and much more!
Here's what's in store this summer:
- A 75th anniversary commemorative OLD BAY can. The can proudly calls out OLD BAY's legacy and features fun OLD BAY facts people can share while connecting with friends and family this summer. The special OLD BAY cans are replacing the seasoning's traditional packaging for a limited time. You can find them in stores where OLD BAY is sold.
- The OLD BAY interactive mosaic. Calling OLD BAY lovers everywhere! Fans are invited to take part in OLD BAY history as the seasoning creates an interactive mosaic of its iconic can using personal images submitted by OLD BAY enthusiasts. OLD BAY is on a mission to have thousands of people participate and you can submit your picture for the mosaic fromMemorial Day through Labor Day through a link on OLD BAY's Facebook page or at OLDBAY75.com.
- The introduction of OLD BAY Seasoned Freezer Fries. People have known for years that OLD BAY and fries go hand-in-hand, and now you can enjoy them at home. OLD BAY Natural Cut Seasoned Fries manufactured by Mr. Dee's can be found in Walmart Supercenters, Publix and other retail outlets across the country at a suggested price of $2.99 per 20 ounce package. They are zesty, convenient and will quickly become a family favorite.
- OLD BAY's first-ever TV commercial. Starring real OLD BAY fans, the "What's Inside" ad features black-and-white photographs of folks from all walks of life and highlights their shared love of OLD BAY. The ad has a limited airing throughout the Mid-Atlantic, but everyone can view it on YouTube.
- The opening of the OLD BAYtique at McCormick World of Flavors in Baltimore. A trip to Baltimore should be on the bucket list of every OLD BAY fan. If you're in town and looking for one-of-a-kind OLD BAY items like baby bibs, ties, pottery, lunchboxes, scarves or beach gear, a visit to the OLD BAYtique is a must. If you can't make it to Baltimore, you can call the store at (443) 853-1355. They ship across the U.S.!
- The tapping of an OLD BAY beer. Toast to OLD BAY's 75th with Flying Dog Brewery's new Dead Rise OLD BAY Summer Ale. We partnered with the Frederick, Md., craft brewery to create a beer that highlights the indelible character of OLD BAY through bright and refreshing citrus hop character and a crisp, tart finish. It's perfect for a hot summer day connecting with friends. Dead Rise is available in 6-packs and on draft in the mid-Atlantic through the end of September. It's quickly flying off shelves, but this unique beer is worth the hunt.
- The return of Baltimore Bill. Sure, OLD BAY might be 75, but a few years ago the seasoning spawned Baltimore Bill, the weather predicting crab. In September, Baltimore Bill will return to Baltimore's Harbor Place for his third annual fall weather prediction where he will tell the country if we're in for a warm fall, or early winter. Bill is on a hot streak with 100 percent accuracy in his forecast and we expect nothing less from him this year.
"We knew we had to go really big for our 75th because OLD BAY holds such a special place in people's hearts," says Jessica Schatz of OLD BAY. "OLD BAY lovers are a part of our history and this campaign celebrates the story of every OLD BAY fan. While we're all unique, one thing has remained true for 75 years: OLD BAY is 'The Can that Connects Us.'"