Solutions are the Focus for the Center for Trends & Technologies
The Center for Trends & Technologies (CTT) at PACK EXPO International 2014 (Nov. 2–5; McCormick Place, Chicago) will feature 10 daily education sessions, according to CTT sponsor Rockwell Automation and its PartnerNetwork™, and PACK EXPO owner and producer PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies.
“The CTT provides an action-oriented PACK EXPO experience for attendees,” says Mike Wagner, global packaging business manager, Rockwell Automation. “Our goal is for attendees to leave with solutions that will start solving their manufacturing challenges right away, and help them anticipate future needs.”
Topics for the 30-minute seminars include:
- Anticipate and Take Advantage of the Internet of Things
- Build a Secure Network Infrastructure and Enable Secure Remote Support
- Collaborate with OEMs on Machinery Safety and Productivity
- Anticipate the Impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act on Manufacturing and Supply-Chain Operations
- Use Serialization Solutions to Reduce Risk
- Use Line-Integration Techniques to Get Actionable Data Out of Machinery
- Improve Network Security for Control Systems
- Gather and Share Machinery Data throughout an Organization and Supply Chain via the Cloud
Representatives of PMMI’s Alliance for Innovation and Operational Excellence will also bring their collective voice to the agenda, discussing top-of-mind issues and best practices.
The CTT is one of several hubs on the PACK EXPO International show floor where attendees can sit in on free seminars, ask questions and network with peers, OEMs and industry leaders. It will include an interactive, virtual display of a baked-goods line, “ask-the-expert” kiosks, and speakers from companies including Cisco, Grantek Systems Integration, Interstates Control Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Rockwell Automation and Stone Technologies Inc.
Registration for PACK EXPO International 2014 (Nov. 2–5; McCormick Place, Chicago) is available online at PACKEXPOInternational.com. Admission to PACK EXPO — which also grants you entrance to the co-located Pharma EXPO — is $30 through Oct. 3, 2014, when it increases to $60.
Visit the Rockwell Automation PACK EXPO International Center for Trends & Technology page for more information, including videos from Cisco and Grantek System Integration.