Ameripen elects new officers and board members
At its recent Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, the members of AMERIPEN, the American Institute for Packaging and the Environment, elected new officers and board members:
The new officers are:
- Lee Anderson, Director of Issues Management & State Government Relations for General Mills, was elected President. He replaces Jeff Wooster of Dow Chemical, who retired from the Board. At General Mills, Mr. Anderson leads company efforts to identify, analyze and prioritize key and emerging reputational and regulatory issues, develops stakeholder engagement strategies, and leads all U.S. state lobbying efforts for the company.
- Susan Robinson, Public Affairs Director for Waste Management, was elected Vice President, replacing Mr. Anderson. For reference, Ms. Robinson has worked in the environmental industry for 30 years in roles that span the public sector, non-profit, consultancy, and over twenty years in the private sector.
New board members are:
- Cathy Foley is Vice President of Industry Relations and Supply Chain for Pratt Industries, a producer of 100% recycled content corrugated boxes. Previously, she was Group Vice President of AF&PA Paper sectors, including all paper based packaging and recovered fiber sectors. Her experience in the packaging arena includes policy development and execution at the international, federal and state levels, technical, communications environmental/sustainability and research.
- Amy Glawe is the manager of the Global Materials Science Lab and Sustainability at Scholle IPN, a provider of Flexible Bag-In-Box and Pouch Packaging Solutions. She developed and manages Scholle IPN’s Sustainability Program. Amy earned her Master’s Degree in Sustainable Management from the University of Wisconsin, and her Educational Certificate from the International Society for Sustainability Professionals (ISSP), of which she is an active member and Ambassador.
- Ritika Kalia is a Lead Marketing Manager for the Dow Chemical Company, within the Packaging & Specialty Plastics group based in Houston. Ritika has marketing responsibilities for driving demand generation for Flexible Packaging with downstream Brand Owners, Converters and Sustainability associations. She is responsible for developing Dow’s global strategy for e-commerce packaging collaborating with partners including Amazon, Walmart and Alibaba to drive towards packaging solutions aligned with Dow’s core capabilities.
- Mike Prentiss is Senior Manager, State Government Relations & Global Government Communications with the Procter & Gamble Company. In this role, Mr. Prentiss oversees day-to-day government relations activities in 21 states and helps manage internal and external communications on political and public policy issues.
Mr. Anderson states, “I look forward to continuing the strong policy and value-of- packaging advocacy work that was led by Jeff Wooster. I would also like to thank Laura Rowell of Sonoco for her leadership as well. We will miss both of them!” (For reference, Ms. Rowell also retired from the AMERIPEN Board.)