Dark Charge Stout, by Braxton Brewing Co., is aged in barrels that give the brew a lasting depth and character to the finish.
Six variants of the beer were released, five of which were teased prior to Dark Charge Day — an event that the brewer's facility held in December. Types include:
- Dark Charge Mandarin: Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged with fresh mandarin orange zest and cocoa nibs.
- Dark Charge Molé: Bourbon Barrel-Aged with ancho chile, vanilla, cinnamon, and cocoa.
- Dark Charge Pineapple and Poblano: Bourbon Barrel-Aged with Pineapple and poblano peppers.
- Dark Charge Coffee & Vanilla, Bourbon Barrel-Aged with coffee and Madagascar vanilla beans.
- Dark Charge Bourbon Barrel-Aged: the original, a timeless and delicious Imperial Stout aged in Kentucky Bourbon Barrels.
For more information, visit braxtonbrewing.com.