Nominations Open for Packaging Hall of Fame
The deadline for nominations is July 15, 2014.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, the owner and producer of the PACK EXPO family of trade shows, is accepting nominations for the Packaging Hall of Fame Class of 2014. The deadline for nominations is July 15, 2014. Submit nominations online at www.pmmi.org/PHOF.
The inductees will be celebrated during a reception on Tuesday, Nov. 4, at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago, during PACK EXPO International and Pharma EXPO 2014 (McCormick Place, Chicago; Nov. 2–5).
“The Packaging Hall of Fame is among the highest honors a packaging professional can achieve. Inductees — who are nominated and selected by their peers — are visionaries, transforming the packaging industry,” says Maria Ferrante, vice president, Education & Workforce Development, PMMI.
Proceeds from the reception will benefit the PMMI Foundation, which supports student scholarships and educational opportunities for processing and packaging professionals.
Changing Packaging: Nomination Criteria & Instructions
In up to 1,500 words, describe how the nominee fulfills these criteria:
- Personally advanced the science, technology and practice of packaging. Please cite scientific inquiries, technologies advanced, patents received, etc.
- Expanded packaging knowledge and the understanding of packaging. Please cite significant roles played in packaging education, research, market analyses, published works, etc.
- Been a remarkable volunteer leader in the packaging community. Please cite leadership roles played in packaging associations/organizations and the groups’ accomplishments during the nominee’s tenure.
- Nominations must be submitted online at www.pmmi.org/PHOF and will be accepted through July 15, 2014.
- Nominations may be up to 1,500 words and should include a recent, color headshot of the nominee in one of the following formats: .jpg, .eps, .tif
- Any industry professional may nominate a candidate, and candidates may be nominated posthumously.