Berlin Packaging Acquiring Italy's Bruni Glass
Transaction expected to close in the next 45 days.
- Thousands of new packaging options – Berlin customers gain access to exclusive Bruni-designed glass containers and closing systems, adding to the large selection of custom and stock glass solutions already in Berlin’s catalog. At the same time, Bruni customers will be able to fulfill their glass, plastic, and metal packaging and closure needs from a single source by tapping into Berlin’s 35,000+ SKUs, including lab supplies and packaging for shipping hazardous materials.
- Enhanced expertise in key vertical markets – Bruni’s focus on packaging for the spirits, wine, food, and gourmet sectors joins Berlin’s presence in food, beverage, pharma, personal care, household care, and industrial packaging, bolstering Berlin’s ability to help customers optimize package solutions in a wide range of industry segments.
- Access to Berlin’s profit-building services – Bruni customers will be able to take advantage of Berlin’s warehousing, structural and brand design, capital lending, and quality consulting services at no charge in exchange for new packaging business.
- Global expansion opportunities for customers – The combination of Berlin’s sales and warehouse presence in more than 100 North American locations and Bruni’s footprint in major European countries offers customers on both continents vital logistics support for penetrating global markets.
- New sales opportunities for suppliers – Both Berlin and Bruni suppliers will have access to a combined 200-person sales force in North America and Europe as well as a database of qualified packaging customers and prospects that has grown to 75,000+. Berlin also helps suppliers land new business with a powerful marketing engine that builds demand and strong warehousing and logistics programs that handle customer inventories reliably and efficiently.