Eco Pack Systems (ecopack-greenbox.com), a groundbreaking maker of transport packaging, is rolling out a new low-weight container solution to the U.S. market. The new container, which debuted at PMA Fresh Summit October 19-21, enables fully customizable point of purchase branding, dramatically reduces transportation costs and is made from food grade material. It maximizes food safety, reduces product spoilage and damage with maximum airflow control and is the most sustainable packaging solution available today.
The patented Eco Pack system consists of an easy-to-assemble plastic frame and two lightweight plastic sleeves that together create an economical, multipurpose, recyclable box. The frame has the same dimensions as standard paperboard cartons and plastic crates, and is suitable for palletizing. The bags are customized for specific commodity and product application, and designed for optimal ventilation, hygiene, food safety and waste reduction. There are currently multiple sizes with three base dimensions at several heights, plus a unique tray for bananas. Additional sizes can be produced upon request.
“The Eco Pack box is efficient, clean, has multiple uses and is recyclable. It’s perfect for fresh produce retailers, grower/shippers, exporters and other distributors and suppliers. We believe it provides a financially preferable alternative to the paperboard boxes and plastic crates now prevalent in the industry,” says Danny Bartal, CEO of Eco Pack Systems.
Benefits of the Eco Pack solution include:
- Recyclable - 100% reusable packaging that can be recycled indefinitely
- Weight - 50% less than similar cardboard or plastic packaging
- Economical - 30%-70% lower cost than competing packaging systems, as the frame is reusable and only the recyclable sleeves need to be replaced
- Hygienic - New, clean box every time, with an optional fully organic biodegradable sleeve
- Green - Lower energy requirements for production and in transportation than any other solution
- Versatile - Suitable for a wide variety of products, including fruit, vegetables, seafood, baked goods, dairy and fresh meat and poultry.
- Customizable - Fully adaptable sleeves for a wide variety of merchandising applications.