It has been said that small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy. In fact, small and medium-sized businesses account for 46% of private-sector output in the U.S. economy. Undoubtedly, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have tremendous influence on not only the economy, but also innovation. Recognizing the unique value of SMBs, PMMI recently announced the SMB FastTrack, which will debut at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2013 (Sept. 23-25; Las Vegas Convention Center).
This new initiative was designed to cater to the unique needs of SMBs, allowing them to source innovative packaging and processing solutions and other vital resources quickly and efficiently. To qualify for the SMB FastTrack program, attendees must work for a consumer or industrial goods company, with an annual gross revenue of $50-$500 million.
As part of the program, all qualifying SMB FastTrack participants will receive:
- A special guide to PACK EXPO Las Vegas, including an official list of SMB FastTrack exhibitors that have committed to providing special financing, discounts or support for SMBs. The guide will also provide a map of the show floor, a list of restaurants on-site and other information that will help participants navigate the show.
- Access to special on-floor education. More details about education will be announced in the coming weeks.
- C-level executives (e.g. president, vice president, owner, managing director, CEO, CFO, COO) will qualify for the SMB FastTrack Platinum program. In addition to the benefits outlined above, these participants will receive:
- Access to a Personal Equipment & Technology Sourcing Service (beginning June 17th). With this service, participants will get personalized guidance to exhibitors they should visit at the show based on the technologies they need or the challenges they are looking to solve.
- Unlimited use of the FastTrack Executive Lounge during the show. This designated space will be equipped with all the things busy executives need to be productive, including meeting rooms that can be reserved in advance, opportunities to network with SMB peers, breakfast and lunch service, charging stations for laptops and phones and use of computers and printers.
- Free show registration. However, qualifying attendees must register by August 26th. On-site registration will cost $60 per person.
- To learn more about the SMB FastTrack program, visit www.packexpo.com/fasttrack. Visitors to www.packexpo.com can also learn about other show features including The Processing Zone, The Brand Zone and pavilions and lounges for the baking and snack, beverage, confectionery and pharmaceutical sectors.
Julie Ackerman, Senior Director, PR/Communications, PMMI
PMMI is a trade association representing 600+ packaging and processing supply chain companies that provide a full range of packaging and processing machinery, materials, components and containers. PMMI actively brings buyers and sellers together through its various programs including: The PACK EXPO family of trade shows, PACK EXPO Connected Communities, packexpo.com, PMT Magazine, PACK EXPO Show Daily, networking events, educational programs and more.
PMMI organizes the PACK EXPO trade shows: PACK EXPO International, PACK EXPO Las Vegas and EXPO PACK México, connecting participants in the packaging and processing supply chain with their customers around the world. Coming Up: PACK EXPO Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Sept. 23–25, 2013; EXPO PACK México 2013 at Centro Banamex, Mexico City, June 18–21.
Learn more about PMMI and the
PACK EXPO trade shows at PMMI.org