Visitors to Bradman Lake’s (bradmanlake.com) booth (number C-5003) at PACK EXPO Las Vegas can witness firsthand the latest technology in horizontal flow wrapping and cartoning equipment.
Bradman Lake will be exhibiting the FT120 Flow Wrapper with SPF Shuttle Phase Feeder and the RA90 Three Flap Top Load Carton Closer. These machines combine over 65 years of experience designing and building packaging equipment and installing more than 15,000 machines worldwide.
The FT120 sets the benchmark for horizontal form fill and seal flow wrapping machines and the SPF is an innovative, non-back pressure feeder for the most challenging of product types.
The RA90 right angle flexible carton control, lugless, 3 flap carton lid closer is designed to handle a variety of chip and microflute corrugated boards and the version to be demonstrated includes the new servo motor driven lift and descend feature which controls the overhead conveyors. This replaces the earlier cantilevered design and provides excellent operator access from all sides of the machine and facilitates rapid size changeover.
Why the FT120 and the RA90 have become the machines of choice for so many North, Central and South American manufacturers?
- Efficiency. The FT120 operates at the highest level of efficiency and seal integrity even for difficult heat seal applications. The RA90 uses the unique ‘flexible carton control’ (FCC) technology system that allows for cartons containing product of inconsistent size, protruding above the carton base, to be closed without jamming.
- Low Maintenance.
- Reduced number of operators. Can be integrated with complete range of product specific handling systems for semi and full automation.
- Flexibility, "Future Proof" Principal. Handles a wide range of products, formats and sizes to easily meet the demands of the fast changing markets at any time in the future.
- The FT120 features a quick and simple change over parts and the RA90 is a tool-less size change which includes handwheel adjustments and digital indicators.
- Prompt, reliable technical support, service technicians and spare parts all supplied from the large 40,000 sq ft Bradman Lake plant in Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA.
- Robust and well-built to the latest safety and hygiene standards that are required in the bakery, confectionery, dry food, frozen food and healthcare industries.
- Bradman Lake is an established brand with a high reputation for machine reliability and value for money worldwide.
- A wide range of optional features are available to enable the machines to be readily adapted to meet the customer’s specific requirements.