Nestlé Waters North America announces a new Regional Spring Water Brand Sparkling portfolio with 10 new flavors, bold design changes and all-new packaging for the Poland Spring, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ozarka, Ice Mountain and Arrowhead brands. The new Regional Spring Water Brand Sparkling line includes a new 12-oz. can format and bottle design.
"Following rapid growth over the past few years, the sparkling water category is now mature enough for us to make a significant investment in developing this extensive line of mainstream sparkling offerings from our regional spring water brands, each of which is the top-selling still spring water brand in its market," said Antonio Sciuto, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Nestlé Waters North America.
The Regional Spring Water Sparkling portfolio will provide consumers a selection of great tastes, with the introduction of new flavors based on consumer insight and testing. The flavors are: Lively Lemon, Lemon Lime, Zesty Lime, Orange, Triple Berry, Summer Strawberry, Raspberry Lime, Black Cherry, Pomegranate Lemonade and Simply Bubbles.
In addition to its new flavors, a key differentiator for the Regional Spring Water Sparkling portfolio is the use of real spring water as its primary ingredient. The sparkling offerings are made with water from natural springs, natural fruit flavors and added bubbles, and are, like always, free of calories with no sugars, sweeteners or colors – just a refreshing and delicious taste.
"As consumers increasingly choose healthy beverages over sugary soft drinks and juices, they are looking for exciting new options. Now is the time to give millions of Americans the sparkling product they have been missing – combining the regional spring water brands they love with delicious natural flavors and added bubbles in both bottles and cans," Sciuto said.
The new line is now at retailers including supermarkets, club stores, convenience stores and chain drug stores. New features of the Regional Spring Water Sparkling portfolio inlcude:
- Proprietary bottle design: a sleek, elegant PET bottle design that resembles vintage glass, is more comfortable to hold and highlights the movement of sparkling bubbles
- Label: more prominent branding and fruit imagery, as well as a new colored cap to accentuate visual brand cues and distinguish from competitors
- New case pack visuals: vibrant and colorful fruit graphics designed to capture attention on shelf and highlight flavor varieties
- Cans with fruit graphics: offering 12 oz. cans, preferred by some customers, in all markets
- Rainbow packs: popular flavor combinations in 24-pack bottles and cans to encourage flavor trial
Many of the Regional Spring Water brands have long heritage, such as the Poland Spring® brand, which dates back to 1845.
"Consumers are choosing sparkling water at an unprecedented rate," Sciuto said . "We already have great equity in our Regional Spring Water brands, and we hope that, as our existing customers enter the sparkling category, they will choose our brands first. With our 10 great flavor options, they now have a whole new way to enjoy the spring water they love."