Schneider Electric (schneider-electric.us) has expanded its AltivarTM family of variable speed drives with the new Altivar Machine ATV340. Designed to address the challenges of the smart machine era, the ATV340 drive combines easy installation with cutting-edge application control and advanced, easy-to-integrate automation capabilities.
The Altivar Machine ATV340 variable speed drive is suited to a variety of industrial sectors as well as applications such as packaging, material handling and working, and hoisting. This new solution allows machine builders to offer customers better quality machines, while reducing delivery time and cost.
“Successful OEMs and integrators must build distinguished solutions, whether that be through innovative features, optimized design or easy-to-integrate capabilities,” said Sylvain Thomas, director, Applied Offer Management, Industry Business, Schneider Electric. “With the ATV340, we are making all of those benefits available in a single machine drive, while helping them efficiently get to market.”
Key features and benefits of the ATV340 include:
- Superior machine performance. The ATV340 is built for applications requiring rapid dynamic control. It provides the flexibility to handle practically all motor types in open or closed loop.
- Faster reaction time. A combination of fast application reaction time with a minimum one millisecond task cycle and Ethernet connectivity maximizes machine throughput.
- Simplified machine engineering. Built-in multiprotocol Ethernet, an embedded encoder, integrated application functions, and compatibility with multiple motor types bring design flexibility.
- Reduced design time. ONE button auto-tuning for motor identification allows project replication, while a library of tested, validated and documented architectures boosts the speed of design.
- Comprehensive functional safety and security. The ATV340 range has Achilles level 2 cyber-security certification and is compliant with EN ISO 1384901 and EN 62061.
- Sustainable productivity. The ATV340 is suitable for environments with high levels of dust and vibration and operating temperatures up to 60 degrees Celsius, while remote monitoring enables predictive maintenance and fast device replacement (FDR) services ensure prompt machine recovery.