Yaskawa America Releases GA800 Variable Speed Drive
The Drives & Motion division of Yaskawa America Inc. (yaskawa.com) announces the new GA800 Variable Speed Drive. The GA800 drive provides a combination of power, ease of use, flexibility and performance. Designed to control traditional and emerging motor technologies through 600 HP, it can handle applications ranging from simple fans and pumps to high performance test dynamometers requiring precise regulation. The GA800 provides highly flexible network communications, embedded functional safety and easy-to-use tools featuring mobile device connectivity.
As Yaskawa’s new industrial general purpose AC drive product, the GA800 will address every application handled by its predecessor, the A1000 drive, and more.
Key features of the GA800 include:
- High-resolution multi-language display with Setup Wizards and Data-Logging
- Bluetooth and DriveWizard Mobile for convenient and easy interaction
- Programming without main power through an embedded USB port
- Advanced Open Loop Vector produces impressive torque and near tripless operation
- Integrated brake transistor (up to 125 HP) for cost-effective heavy braking
- Embedded Safe Torque Off minimizes downtime for applications requiring occasional intervention (SIL CL3, PLe, Category 3)
- Standard conformal coating helps resist contamination.
The GA800 drive is available in 240 VAC Three Phase (1 to 150 HP) and 480 VAC Three Phase (1 to 600 HP) models. The drive is designed for use around the world, and carries agency certifications for all major geographical regions.