Red Diamond, known for its bold wines sourced from premier vineyard sites from around the world, has introduced new packaging for its entire portfolio of wines. The first wines to feature the new packaging began shipping nationally in late February 2015.
The goal of the new package was to improve shelf presence and connect with new consumers. The packaging redesign was based on consumer feedback, and the eye-catching new label that resulted was designed to be modern and edgy, while delivering an updated twist to the brand’s signature red and black color scheme and iconic diamond logo, the brand reports.
“The goal of the new package is to appeal to new consumers, while maintaining our current fan base,” says Cary Kloster, marketing director for Red Diamond. “The new look incorporates attention-grabbing design elements to support our presence on-shelf, which will lead to greater consumer awareness and ultimately, trial.”
“The new label design takes signature elements that consumers have grown to know from Red Diamond, such as its red and black motif and signature diamond emblem, and modernizes them to help recapture the brand’s disruptive spirit,” continues Kloster. “Through our new identity, we hope to provide a fun way for consumers to explore new corners of the world through wine.”
“While the look of the Red Diamond package has changed, the luscious and fruit-forward characteristics of Red Diamond wines that make them approachable, easy to drink, and the ultimate food companion will remain the same,” adds Kloster.
From the novice wine explorer to the most discriminating of tastes, Red Diamond wines offer an adventurous yet affordable wine experience every time. The Red Diamond portfolio includes: Merlot (Washington), Cabernet Sauvignon (California), Shiraz (Washington), Chardonnay (Washington), Pinot Noir (California), Malbec (Argentina) and Temperamental Red Blend (Spain). All wines are available nationally for a suggested retail price of $10 per bottle.
Red Diamond New Packaging Highlights:
• The updated background pattern is designed to be edgy and eye-catching, while maintaining the brand’s signature red and black color palate.
• A new iconic diamond shape logo was designed with red foil to standout on shelf.
• The logo lock-up features a new font to elevate the brand’s personality.
• The red wines will be encapsulated in black foil to add sophistication.
• A color bar along the bottom of the bottle, along with the varietal text color, changes by varietal to help the consumer distinguish between each varietal in the portfolio.