PE: New semi automatic case erector can form 15 cases per minute
With Cobalt Packaging’s (www.cobaltpackaging.com) 100 Series tape place system, one operator can form 15 cases per minute. Unique features that separate this from other case formers include:
- Clamps hold the case in the loading station during sealing, assist in case squaring and allow the operator to release and prepare the next case, maximizing case output.
- Ergonomic case loading station with dual triggers activate fully automatic flap-folding and bottom sealing. Includes knock-down case staging tray positioned for easy access.
- After the case is taped, it is then discharged. This allows the operator to begin opening another case while the discharge is taking place.
- In pack mode, taping the bottom ensures that product will not fall out the bottom of the case as it moves down the line.
- Stationary sealing improves case forming quality and speed compared to manual taping for most corrugated board weights and sizes, including light weight, flexible cases, display cutout cases, and even out-of-spec cases that cannot run automatically.
- Easy case width adjustment from 7 inch minimum to 20 inch maximum via adjusting screw with attached ratchet handle and visual rule.
- Easy case length adjustment from 7 inch minimum to 24 inch maximum with locking hand knob and visual rule.