Eleven states are seeing their namesake on Budweiser bottles and cans as part of the brand's latest evolution of its iconic summer packaging. Starting on July 6 and available through the end of September, Budweiser's newest look celebrates the local states Budweiser and its breweries call home.
Since 1876, Budweiser has been brewed across America and its new state packaging pays tribute to the 12 breweries that produce America's No. 1 classic lager. The packaging will be specific to California (featuring two Budweiser breweries), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia.
"Our new state bottles and cans celebrate the homes of our breweries and the communities that support them," says Ricardo Marques, Vice President, Budweiser. "Since 1876, Budweiser has been proudly brewed across America, and this summer, we're inviting local consumers to raise a cold one with us."
On shelves from July to September 2017, 11 different states will enjoy their own custom packaging, each featuring custom copy changes as inspired by each local backdrop, including:
- "Budweiser" on cans and bottles being replaced with each state name
- The center medallion "AB" monogram updated with state initials
- "King of Beers" swapped to include each individual state motto
- "Anheuser-Busch Inc." replaced with each state nickname
To continue the celebration of its local breweries throughout the summer, Budweiser will also:
- Host brewery open houses – inviting communities to experience the brand firsthand alongside local food, music and custom merchandise. The World Famous Budweiser Clydesdales will also be making appearances at each brewery open house throughout the summer
- Air unique radio spots in each market, featuring local Budweiser brew masters and/or the brewery's general managers
- Present its first-ever "Budland" festival bringing together the best of Los Angeles’s local music artists, fashion and food
For more information, visit www.budbrewedlocally.com.
Report Abusive Comment