Numi® Organic Tea, a leading premium organic and fair trade tea brand, is partnering with Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee, an industry leader in single-serve beverages, for the launch of the first premium, full-leaf quality, organic and Fair Trade Certified™ tea, available in the RealCup™ brand of capsules that feature the unique EcoCup™ recycling capability. “The decision to partner with Mother Parkers was based on our shared values of innovation, sustainability, and quality,” said Ahmed Rahim, Numi founder and chief alchemist.
Paramount in entering the single-serve business was the ability to translate Numi’s taste profile authentically. “I was impressed by the flavor delivered by the RealCup™ capsule,” continued Rahim. “It was clear to me that the superior taste from the carefully sourced real organic ingredients used in Numi® Organic Tea’s blends would be found in the teacup and not left behind in the capsule.” Numi® recyclable single-serve capsules are compatible with all Keurig® K-Cup® brewers.
- Numi® Organic Tea in RealCup™ capsules featuring the EcoCup™ recyclable capability will be available in four of Numi’s best-selling tea and herbal teasan blends:
- Jasmine Green: Fragrant organic jasmine flowers are laid atop organic green tea leaves so their scent is naturally embraced. Scented three times, this smooth green tea has layers of subtle fragrance.
- Moroccan Mint: Numi’s organic Moroccan Mint, known as “nana mint,” flourishes in North Africa. It has a sweet spearmint taste that is refreshing and soothing.
- Aged Earl Grey™: Numi ages organic Assam black tea with real Italian bergamot for several weeks so the tea absorbs the orange sent. The result is a robust Earl Grey with subtle citrus notes.
- Rooibos Chai: This organic, caffeine-free chai blends rich rooibos and a sultry blend of spices. Piquant cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon mingle with sweet allspice, ginger and a kiss of cardamom.
The RealCup® brand of capsules used by Numi® Teas feature a proprietary FlavorMax™ filter to get the most of every brew, ensuring unsurpassed flavor, body and aroma, every time. With the unique EcoCup™ format, once the brewing is completed consumers can very easily separate all the components of the single serve capsule, compost the real organic ingredients andrecycle the cup body. Numi® RealCup™ single-serve capsules are packaged in recyclable cartons with 100% recycled content paperboard, including 60% post-consumer content.
“We are excited to be partnering with Numi, who are market leaders in premium, organic & Fair Trade teas,” says Christy Rae Clem, category marketing director of Tea at Mother Parkers. “Our shared commitment to quality will help bring the flavors and benefits of Numi® Organic Teas to more capsule consumers.”
In addition to Numi’s dedication to planet and pure tea, the company also supports people by sourcing tea from Fair Trade Certified™ Tea farmers and gardens that then provide funds for local healthcare, education and community development projects. “We believe all people should be paid a fair wage, allowing families and communities to thrive,” says Rahim.